Tuesday 20 December 2011

Cheap and Convincing Subsurface Scattering


First Prototype 3DSMAX HLSL Shader 


















UDK Shader Prototype















Virtools Prototype



Based on my HLSL Shader Research, As been Integrated in Frosbite 2
By Colin Barre-Brisebois ( Battle Field 3 Dice).
























FrostBite Video:



Published in GPU Pro 2, 2011. "Real-Time Approximation of Light
Transport in Translucent Homogenous Media"
As been present at the Game Developers Conference 2011 slide



I found a nice UDK demo using the tech
eat3d.com/blog/metalliandy/approximated-sub-surface-scattering-demo-udk




2 comments:

  1. maudzit qu cest beau .. on en mangerais

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Man! thats really kick ass !
    I'm no HLSL programmer or anything , I followed the document, and got the texture baking aspect down,
    Is there any way you'd be willing to part with the UDK shader? Id really like to use it in my hobby project!

    ReplyDelete